No matter what career or business barriers you face, your greatest asset is always you.
This process will help you define your brand, discover your hidden passion and find the right job for you!
Find your dream job
1. Find 4-5 descriptions that would fit your ideal job using sites like indeed.com or Google. Focusing on your ideal scenario will not only help you dream big and discover your passion, but it’ll also help you hit on the descriptive words that resonate with recruiters (and hiring managers!).
2. Copy and paste all the descriptions into one document.
3. Go toWordclouds.com and paste the job descriptions – the word cloud will show which words are repeated over and over again. These are your keywords.
Create your website
You can use squarespace.com, About.me, or any free website builder of your choice. You’ll use this when you connect directly with the right recruiters or hiring managers. When you reach out, your message should be very brief. This website will help you keep your email concise.
Create a LinkedIn profile
1. Use a compelling profile picture, a background picture that speaks to your brand, and a headline that includes your keywords.
2. Fill out your LinkedIn details completely.
Use your keywords as much as you can to describe your projects and achievements.
This will have 2 key benefits:
Your profile will resonate with the people who are most likely to have a position that fits you perfectly
LinkedIn will show you more relevant jobs that match what you are seeking
Optional: Sign up for LinkedIn Premium just for one month so you can connect directly with recruiters. The jobseeker subscription is within the LinkedIn website and costs about $30.
This gives you the range of salaries offered for different open positions so you know how to negotiate when you get your job offer(s) and a certain number of credits to contact the person who posted that position that you want on LinkedIn directly.