Author’s note: 4/3.2020 – Just did an FAQ On The Stimulus Bill For Startups And Small Business Owners.
If you are hurting, here are some community resources that could support you during this time:
Here’s how you can help
- Contact your local/ state/ federal representatives and ask them to:
Find your CA reps’ contact info: http://findyourrep.legislature.ca.gov/
Find your federal reps’ contact info: https://whoismyrepresentative.com/
Use ResistBot to contact your lawmakers: https://resist.bot/
Use Indivisible to contact your lawmakers: https://indivisible.org/
More ideas here: How to take action without leaving the house
- Donate Blood – there is a “severe shortage” of blood products and healthcare professionals are asking for blood donations. Sign up at the link or call 1-800-RED-CROSS.
- Donate extra unused N95 masks to healthcare workers
- Donate masks, supplies, other PPE to UCSF
- Mask matching resource for multiple cities
- Donate thermometers and blood pressure cuffs for patients to use at home (SFGH)
- If you have had a COVID-19 test (positive or negative) – please record your cough and send it to Cough for the Cure – an in-process remote COVID-19 diagnostic tool
- Project Open Hand (SF)
- SF/Marin Food Bank
- San Diego volunteer opportunities
- New York COVID-19 relief (a list from the NY State Youth Leadership Council)
- Check in on people! Call, text, email, FaceTime to see if they need anything – elderly, housing insecure, undocumented, work unstable, mental health issues, etc. Connection is important!