Social distancing may be lonely, but you’re not alone.
During this time emotions are in upheaval for all of us. Remember this hard moment isn’t how you’ll feel forever.
You are a well of creative ingenuity and even if it doesn’t always feel like it, you were made for a time such as this. You are a warrior ❤ The answers are within you.
Breath deep. Calm down. And don’t be so hard on yourself.
You have what it takes to survive this.
Here are some self-care ideas to get you started:
- Start a journal – write 5 things you are grateful for every day.
- Fuel your body by eating a healthy, well-balanced diet and drinking plenty of water.
- Try to get seven to eight hours of sleep each night.
- Exercise every day.
- Take deep breaths and stretch often.
- Take a walk outdoors – in your yard, on your street, or at the park.
- Avoid risky or destructive behaviors like excessive gambling, alcohol or drugs.
- Say “No” to unnecessary commitments and tasks that don’t fulfill you.
- Maintain your mental health.
Here are some self-care support resources that could come in handy:
If you are struggling to cope with everything coming at you, take a break.
Calm your mind with this meditation kit or take a self-care moment on this interactive site. Stressed, depressed, overwhelmed, or lonely? Here’s guidance from Half of Us. Feeling anxious? Take deep breathes in sync with this.
Crisis Hotlines and local resources:
If you or someone you know is in danger, consider calling 911.
Stay safe, wear a mask, and follow social distancing guidelines.