Social distancing may be lonely, but you’re not alone.
Emotions are in upheaval for all of us, but this hard moment isn’t how you’ll feel forever.
You are a well of creative ingenuity and even if it doesn’t always feel like it, you were made for a time such as this. You are a warrior ❤ The answers are within you.
Breath deep. Calm down. And don’t be so hard on yourself.
You have what it takes to survive this.
Here are some self-care ideas to get you started:
- Start a journal – write 5 things you are grateful for every day.
- Fuel your body with a healthy, well-balanced diet and drink plenty of water.
- Try to get seven to eight hours of sleep each night.
- Exercise every day.
- Take deep breaths and stretch often.
- Take a walk outdoors – in your yard, on your street, or at the park.
- Avoid risky or destructive behaviors like excessive gambling, alcohol or drugs.
- Say “No” to unnecessary commitments and tasks that don’t fulfill you.
- Maintain your mental health.
Here are some self-care support resources that could come in handy:
Many of us are dealing with more than we’ve ever had to handle. Mental health is so vital and yet often unheeded. If you are struggling to cope with everything coming at you, be kind to yourself. Self-growth is tender. It may not always be fun, but it’s holy ground. There’s no greater investment. Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward.
Take a self-care moment on this interactive site. Feeling anxious? Take deep breathes in sync with this youtube video or calm your mind with this meditation kit.
Stressed, depressed, overwhelmed, or lonely? Here’s guidance from Half of Us.
If you, a friend or loved one is at the end of the line, here are some crisis hotlines and local resources:
If you or someone you know is in danger, consider calling 911.
Stay safe, wear a mask, and see the good.