When this unprecedented plague is over, we may never again take for granted, each deep breath, a handshake with a stranger, close conversations face-to-face, a crowded theater, Friday night out, a roaring stadium, the taste of communion or a shared cold beer, a routine checkup, rush hour traffic, coffee with a friend, a touch, a hug, a kiss…
- brought back humanity
- brought families together
- moved more military expenditure to health care
- reminded us of our equality and connected us in tragedy
- forced authorities to look at prison systems and justice
- undermined dictators and their powers
- reminded us about living simple lives
- taught us better health habits
- brought down interest rates
Let’s celebrate the silver lining, make each moment matter, and thank our essential workers.
Remember, every breath is a gift. With each breath, we have the opportunity to be more. A crisis can spark creativity in remarkable ways.